Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 30 - A Picture


That is, without a doubt, one big stingray. Also, if you run a google search, with safe search on, this picture happens to be the first one that pops up. I spent a little bit of time thinking about it, but I don't know what that actually says about the zeitgeist. Regardless, I have talked about pictures before and since this is the last day of the challenge I don't really feel as if I need to boil everything down to a photo of the countryside, or of a city melting. Instead I'll craft a shoddy metaphor about how this stingray relates to this experience.

It's hard to not feel as if you are stuck in a pool that is barely larger than your entire body sometimes. It seems the older you get the more freedom you are supposed to find, though we all are just kind of funneled down some path. There's room to maneuver, but when you do you risk shattering everything and flopping around until you're all dried up and, in all likelihood, dead. I don't really know if I learned all that from these past 30 days though, actually I think that I knew a good deal of that before starting these writings. When I think about this exercise though I keep coming back to how much more open I have become with myself. I hope to not lose that as the time passes and I am not forcing myself think about questions that I would otherwise brush off. Though just like brushing my teeth or showering it's a routine that I need to establish, so I need to push myself just a bit every day until I start building the skills that I need to excel. I'm still not always comfortable when I should be, but I have seen improvement, and that's comforting. I'll keep working on that.

So for all of those that have consistently read I thank you. This will not be the last entry on this blog, I have been thinking of how to use it outside of an archive and I have come up with a few ideas. Obviously school is going to limit what I am able to do, plus I need to get back to film and game blogging so that I can start building up a portfolio, but there are plans for The FLY Files. They never die. Even if the pool breaks they never really die. Because, actually, it doesn't matter how trapped you are, or how big you are, people only really care about the tail. That's you, that's the power. That's what's most tangible, most distinctive, that's where you need to be aware.

Thanks for reading.

Tomorrow's Topic:

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment