Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 17 - Looking Forward

Another entry that challenges me in unexpected ways, though for much different reasons than yesterday's post. I look forward to a great many things, but I rarely look forward to anything major. I find that having smaller anticipations in the near future helps me to keep going, always gives me something to focus on. Right now I am looking forward to The Suite Life movie at the end of the month, and to seeing how The Office works without Steve Carell. I look forward to playing Catherine and Batman: Arkham City this summer. Seeing The Tree of Life and Hugo Cabret. In all likelihood I doubt any of these are what this particular entry hopes to evoke, and I know for certain that I am not content to settle with this stop gaps just because they happen to fit the bill.

But then that makes me ask if I look forward to anything.

I think I do, but for many of the ideas it seems that 'hope for' is better than 'look forward to' because of the uncertainty involved. I hope to have a great job. I look forward to eventually starting a family. The words are mostly interchangeable. The future, I suppose, is too vague. It's also one of my fears partially, but I think we all look forward to our fears in some way or another. Graduation in May is too easy, plus it's not really a complete graduation anyway since I have another year for my Masters. So, what do I look forward to enough to make it my one thing? When I ask myself that I suppose the only answer can be that I look forward to tomorrow. Take that to mean what you will.

Thanks for reading.

Tomorrow's Topic: Regrets

Rich

1 comment:

  1. If we're talking superficial things, we have Pitchfork Fest. I can't wait to get up to Chicago.

    ReplyDelete