Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 18 - Regret

When asked to think about regrets I could list a myriad of times that I yearn to recapture, to relive, to experience again. But despite the abbreviated title I have given to the entry the point is to think of the one regret that I most have. I certainly regret not being able to see my dad before he passed away, I regret fighting with my grandfather, but I don't know if any of these are my absolute biggest regrets. Right now I probably regret, at least partially, the way I have approached college. With so many clubs, so many things to do, I think I didn't take advantage of any of it. I should have been building life lone relationships, and maybe I have, but there are always more. However, below that there is a larger regret that I have.

I have a tendency to say no, to not take chances. This is the way I am, I don't really know why, but I think it's possible to change. I think I am at least trying to do that now, though I need to also make sure that I don't shatter my comfort. It's this balance which I have lost, at times lately quite a bit. But I think my avoidance, saying no, that is what cost me my time. I also think this regret does encompass the majority of my regrets, even if it does seem like a bit of a cop out. Ultimately, everything, all the minor regrets, they seem just that. Minor. I don't know if it's a problem, I have trouble thinking that the way I am is necessarily a 'problem,' but it is something that I need to work on to better adjust in society. Damn society. As a person though it may help me, maybe. Either way, I think I'll always have regrets, but maybe I can do something to make the future a little better. I don't like missing connections I don't much think, so I'll continue to work to minimize regret.

Thanks for reading.

Tomorrow's Topic: Something You Miss

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment