Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 27 - Future

I have a little trouble discerning the difference between this entry and yesterday's, though it seems like this is much more grandiose in scope than goals. Though I don't know if this entry will turn out that way simply because the future is, for all intents and purposes, undecided. The past, it is supposed, is a grotesque animal, but where does that leave the future in this binary continuum? Beautiful, perhaps, but what is the future if not the past waiting to be, so then grotesque, yes? No. Maybe. The future, I have talked about before, is also scary to think about too in depth. I will continue to cuddle my ignorance, hoping to squeeze out bliss, until it happens. Or continues to happen.

That's the thing with the future, it happens when you least expect it, or at least that has been my experience. I like to think of it like Anton from No Country for Old Men, or like the biker in Raising Arizona. Basically I like to think about the Coen brothers's filmography. When I'm not thinking about that I am, in some way, thinking about the future. Then I am confused, perhaps frightened. Don't go in the meadow, that's where man is. That's where we all end up eventually.

And we run.

We don't know each other, future, but we have met time and time again.

This entry is difficult to write because I am excited for the future, but it is frightening, almost inexplicably so because I'm a smart person. I'll get by. But it's the present that I love, the past that I idolize, the future that I fear. And they all keep moving, when I type this it is the present, but now it is the past, and at one point it was the future because I knew that I would be typing an entry about the future at some point today. So it makes you wonder how much of a future there actually is, and when I will and won't be around to experience it, if ever.

Thanks for reading.

Tomorrow's Topic: Stress

Rich

No comments:

Post a Comment