Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Journey: 30 Blog Challenge

The idea for this blog came, initially, from friend Adam Kuhn, though I know him as Corndog (aka C-Dub aka C Major aka Big C) and his almost exactly the same project over at Corndog Chats Life. I would suggest checking out his blog for some insightful and enjoyable reads, the likes of which you may or may not also find here. Ideally, you will find something, some kind of words, thoughts, dreams, ambitions, Lady GaGa lyrics. The important things in life.

What initially attracted me to this project was, in many ways, what has attracted me to the idea of my Poem A Day Project. Writing, like any other activity, requires practice in order to make sure that I fulfill my potential. At least theoretically, I don't really know if I believe that or if I'm of the mind that the 'best' ideas I have are unprovoked arousal of my emotion. Either way, it can't hurt to write one poem each day. Conversely I anticipate that whatever fun may, and will, be found in this exercise, wherein I post for 30 days about the topics listed below, will hurt. As I continued to consider how I would/should approach this challenge I found myself more intrigued about the therapeutic purposes that may be had from, at this barrier, writing as a means of expression and self discovery.

Finally I reached a decision.

I surrender myself to the world, as far as it may reach. Through this I hope to gain an understanding, and I hope to do that by surrendering my identity. Let this webpage become my consumer and my incubator. Nothing becomes sacred, nothing becomes hallowed, nothing is taboo. Omissions made at my behest will be limited, extreme measures to borrow a title of some film I've never seen. But like Demi said, this is me. Unbound, unfiltered, undiscovered. Let the great experiment...begin!

The Scheduled Topics of Discussion:

Day 1-Introduce, recent picture, 15 interesting facts
Day 2-Meaning behind your blog name
Day 3-Your parents
Day 4-Your siblings
Day 5-Your friends
Day 6-Your family
Day 7-A picture of something that makes you happy
Day 8-Favorite movies
Day 9-Pets
Day 10-Favorite games
Day 11-Something you're afraid of
Day 12-Favorite TV shows
Day 13-What you believe
Day 14-A picture you love
Day 15-Literary quotation
Day 16-Dream house
Day 17-Something you're looking forward to
Day 18-Something you regret
Day 19-Something you miss
Day 20-Your first love
Day 21-Through my eyes
Day 22-Favorite city
Day 23-Favorite vacation
Day 24-Something you've learned
Day 25-Put your iPod on shuffle, first 10 songs
Day 26-Goals
Day 27-Future
Day 28-Something that stresses you out
Day 29-3 Wishes
Day 30-A picture

No comments:

Post a Comment